Wednesday, June 13, 2012

CSA [full season] week #2

*Finally* planted the tomato plants in yesterday's cool weather, all 2,000+! Some of the cherry varieties should be ripe by the end of July - but I did plant a few plants a few weeks ago and I'm hoping they ripen a little earlier. Most of the beans, summer squash, cucumbers, and okra are planted and I'm adding little sections of basil(s), camomile, nasturtiums, Swiss chard, daikon radishes, etc, every week.
What strange weather we've been having. It's been a hot and dry streak for a few weeks. I can irrigate for the dry weather but the heat still gets to me despite the low humidity. Even the weeds hold on in the heat of the day!

In the box this week:
mustard greens
Lacinato (Tuscan/Dinosaur) kale
green onions
snow peas
fresh lavender
lemon balm
hardneck garlic
"Zlata" golden radishes (hot/dry weather makes radishes a little hotter!)
French Breakfast radishes

No comments:

Post a Comment